Connection in Action supports adults aged 55+ who live in Halton by providing opportunities to increase social connections.
Connection in Action also supports communities across Halton by raising awareness about issues impacting older adults through capacity-building education sessions.
Are you an adult aged 55 or older living in Halton and want to increase your social connections?
Call our Connection Specialist
- Social connections play an important role in our health and well-being
- It refers to the number and quality of relationships we have with the people around us
- Do you think you could benefit from increasing your social connections? Find out if you are at risk
Call our Connection Specialist if you:
- Are an adult aged 55 or older and live in Halton
- Are interested in boosting you social connections
- Have experienced a significant change or event in your life
- Our Loneliness, Isolation to Empowerment Education is offered to service providers, businesses, and community groups
- Offered free of cost
- Offered in-person or online
Halton’s 55+ Population (2021 Census)
Halton is home to approximately 170,565 older adults (55+), making up 29% of the population.
Older adults make up 35% of Burlington’s population, the highest rate amongst Halton’s four municipalities.
Although Milton has a higher number of older adults compared to Halton Hills, they make-up 19% of Milton’s population, compared to 30% of Halton Hills’ population.
Did You Know?
Older adults in Halton who report a strong sense of community-belonging also report better mental health.